Coffee Cinnamon Loaf
A super fluffy cinnamon loaf with a sweet filling of coffee and a coffee drizzle on top! The dream of every coffee lover.
- Cake tin
- 260 g flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 36 g agave syrup
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp applesauce (without added sugar)
- 177 ml whole milk (warm)
- 7 g yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 30 g brown sugar
- 30 g honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 espresso shots
- 60 g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp coffee
- Beat together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, yeast and salt.
- Combine the milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until the butter has melted. Add the agave syrup, honey and applesauce.
- Add the milk mixture and beaten egg to the flour and mix with a spatula until well blended.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour, turn the dough out and knead for 1 minute until you form a smooth ball. If the dough feels too sticky, add more flour if necessary, but don't knead the dough for too long. The dough should still be a little sticky.
- Cover the dough loosely with a damp towel and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Grease an 8 or 9 inch baking dish with butter.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- Heat up the applesauce and espresso shots till the water of the espresso is evaporated. Beat the ingredients for the filling in a small bowl.
- Brush the dough all over with the cinnamon-sugar coffee mixture.
- Place the dough in a cake tin. Make sure the cinnamon-sugar coffee mixture is spread on the whole dough.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until pale golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by mixing all the ingredients together.
Vegan: leave out the egg and yeast. Replace the honey with agave syrup. Seasoning: does not apply.
Sugar: 14.9gFiber: 1.4gCalories: 204kcalSaturated Fat: 1.9gFat: 3.7gProtein: 4.8gCarbohydrates: 38.3g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!