A healthy alternative for apple turnovers, or as we say in the Netherlands Appelflappen!This recipe is vegan and only contains natural sugars.
- 10 sheets puff pastry (without butter in squares)
- 2 apples
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp liquid sweetener
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 50 ml aquafabe
- Preheat the oven at 210 °C.
- Peel the apple and cut it in small cubes.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and liquid sweetener to the apples and stir it. Make sure every piece of apple is covered with the spices.
- Place the apple mixture over half of each square of puff pastry, leave at least 1 cm free at the border.
- Fold the puff pastry in half. Spread aquafabe or water on the 1 cm at the border to make sure it sticks.
- Spread aquafabe and agave syrup on top puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes till golden brown.
Vegan: is already vegan Seasoning: does not apply The nutrition facts are for 1 serving of the recipe.
Sugar: 3.1gFiber: 0.4gCalories: 166kcalFat: 8.1gProtein: 2.3gCarbohydrates: 20.3g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!