Basil Pesto Pasta
A classic recipe with a little healthy twist and homemade pesto! And even better; it is also possible vegan! The vegan option can be found in the notes.
- Frying pan
- Cooking pan
- 150 g pasta
- 300 g chicken fillet (optional)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g spinach
- 10 g basil
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 1½ tbsp pine nuts (roasted)
- 15 g parmesan
- 35 g olive oil (I used 20 g oil and added pasta water to make it lower in fat)
- Boil water and cook the pasta
- Cut the chicken fillet, onion, zucchini and tomatoes into pieces.
- Fry the chicken fillet together with the onion and season to taste. Add the tomatoes and zucchini. Lastly, add the spinach.
- In the meantime, blend all the ingredients for the pesto in a blender. Add salt and pepper for more flavour.
- Add the pesto and vegetables to the pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan and pine nuts if preferred.
Seasoning: salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika powder, a little bit cayenne pepper. Vegan option: remove the chicken and cheese, use vegan pesto and add some more salt and onion powder.
Sugar: 7.6gFiber: 5gCalories: 607kcalSaturated Fat: 4.7gFat: 15.6gProtein: 59gCarbohydrates: 57g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!