A warm cherry crumble which you can eat for breakfast or as a snack.A crispy crumble covers the sweet cherry pieces and the yoghurt add a nice creamy twist.
- 150 g oats (90 g oat flour, 60 g rolled oats)
- 90 g self-raising flour
- 60 g protein powder (optional, can be replaced by 60g self-raising flour)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g (soy) margarine
- 80 g agave syrup
- 100 g applesauce
- 10 ml liquid sweetener
- pinch of salt
- 500 g cherries
- 1 lemon (only the juice)
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 leaves gelatine (optional but does make it more firm)
- Heat up the cherries, lemon, agave syrup and vanilla extract. Mash the cherries and stir in the gelatine leaves. Let this rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, self-raising flour, protein powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the agave syrup, apple sauce, liquid sweetener and cinnamon, and margarine. Knead it with your hands into a crumbly dough.
- Divide half of the crumble mix over a oven dish and press it well. Add the cherries on top. Lastly, crumble the left over dough over it.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it, to make sure that the topping doesn't burn.
- Add some yogurt if preferred.
Vegan: use plant-based butter and vegan protein powder. Seasoning: does not apply.
Sugar: 5.7gCalories: 185kcalSaturated Fat: 0.3g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!