Pasta Carbonara with chorizo instead of pancetta!
- Frying pan
- Cooking pan
- 100 g chorizo
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g parmesan
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g spaghetti
- 2 red bell peppers
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Beat the eggs and add black pepper and Parmesan. Keeping a small handful of Parmesan back for sprinkling over later.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, fry the pancetta with the garlic.
- Drop the butter into a large frying pan and, tip in the pancetta and garlic as soon as the butter has melted. Cook until the pancetta is golden and crisp.
- Add in the bell peppers or fry them in a different pan, as the bell peppers can add more moist. It depends on how lazy you are.
- When the pasta is ready, lift it from the water with a pasta fork or tongs and put it in the frying pan with the chorizo. Don’t worry if a little water drops in the pan as well (you want this to happen) and don’t throw the pasta water away yet.
- Take the pan of spaghetti and chorizo off the heat. Now quickly pour in the eggs and cheese. Using the tongs or a long fork, lift up the spaghetti so it mixes easily with the egg mixture, which thickens but doesn’t scramble, and everything is coated.
- Add extra pasta cooking water to keep it saucy (several tablespoons should do it). You don’t want it wet, just moist. Season with a little salt, if needed.
- Serve immediately with a little sprinkling of the remaining cheese, the bell peppers and a grating of black pepper.
Vegan: not possible. Seasoning: Salt, pepper and parsley.
Sugar: 2.5gFiber: 1.3gCalories: 538kcalSaturated Fat: 7.4gFat: 23.9gProtein: 34.2gCarbohydrates: 49g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!