A more nutritional but just a delicous cinnamon rolls! It stays sweet but reduces the amount of sugars, by replacing most of the sugar with apple syrup, i!
- 260 g all purpose flour (you might need a bit more)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp (soy) butter
- 36 g agave syrup
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp applesauce
- 177 ml soy milk (warm)
- 7 g yeast
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 20 g brown sugar
- 15 g honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 85 g yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (or liquid sweetener)
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, combine the milk and butter. Cook until the butter is melted. Add the agave syrup, honey and apple sauce. Transfer it to a bowl and add the yeast. Make sure all the yeast is wet and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add most of the flour (around 200 g) to the milk mixture, and using a spatula, mix just until combined. Cover the dough loosely with a damp towel and let this rest for 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Add the rest of the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix it with dough hooks for 8-10 minutes.
- Flour your work surface then turn out the dough and knead it for 1 minute until it comes together in a smooth ball. If the dough feels overly sticky, add more flour as needed, but do not over-knead the dough. Roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Grease an 8- or 9-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the filling.
- Brush the dough all over with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Beginning at the long end, tightly roll the dough up into a log. Trim off the edges then slice the log into 12 rolls. This can be easily done by using a dental floss.
- Put the rolls in a baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, till they are pale golden and baked through.
- Meantime, make the frosting by mixing all the ingredients together.
Vegan: use plant-based milk (I use barista oat milk). Seasoning: does not apply.
Sugar: 8.8gFiber: 0.1gCalories: 62kcalSaturated Fat: 1.6gFat: 2.6gProtein: 0.7gCarbohydrates: 9.6g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!