An easy Crème Brûllée recipe with only 5 ingredients!
- 270 g (oat) milk (I prefer barista oat milk)
- 50 g (soy) yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (agave) sugar (to put on top)
- Heat milk, yoghurt and vanilla extract in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and maple syrup until well mixed.
- Pour in the hot milk gradually, mixing continually. Mix it with a Silicone Spatula, not with a whisk as this wil create bubbles.
- Pour hot water into a large roasting pan or oven tray. Place three ramekins into the pan (the water should come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins). Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake at 165 C for 45-50 minutes. The crème brûlée should be set, but still a little jiggly in the middle.
- Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan, let them cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to three days.
- Spread a tablespoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée. Remove the crème brûlée from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before browning the sugar on top.
- Using a torch, melt the sugar to for a crispy top. If you don’t have a torch, you can broil the crème brûlée to melt the sugar. Keep an eye on it, to make sure you don’t over cook it. Allow the crème brûlée to sit for at least five minutes before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!