An classic Lasagna recipe with a little twist of a layer made of eggplant.
- 250 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 100 g crushed tomatoes
- 100 g tomato paste
- 150 g shredded mozzarella
- 150 g Ricotta cheese
- 30 g Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 eggplant
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut off the ends of the eggplant, then slice lengthwise, about 3-mm thick.
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with sea salt on both sides and let sit for 10 minutes to draw out moisture. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Place them in the oven for 5 minutes. You might want to add a little bit of olive oil.
- In de meantime, make the meat sauce. In a large skillet fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the minced meat, cook until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and seasoning.
- In a different bowl, mix the ingredients for the white sauce.
- Cook the pasta al dente. Add a little bit of oil to the water to keep the from sticking together.
- Assemble the lasagna. In a baking dish, add a very thin layer of meat sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, ⅓ of the ricotta mixture, and ⅓ of the meat sauce. Add the egg plant. Repeat the layers of the sauce. Add a final layer of the remaining noodles, meat sauce, white sauce, and extra mozzarella.
Season with 3 tsp salt, 3 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp dried basil leaves, 1 tsp ground black pepper
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!