This is my mom's recipe for pea soup. We always eat this recipe during the holidays. It is such a cosy recipe!
- Cooking pan
- 250 g split peas (hak)
- 300 g flat ribs
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 springs celery
- 1 ½ herb stock cube
- 100 g celeriac
- 1 leaf apple
- 1 onion
- 150 g leek
- 300 g winter carrot
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 smoked sausage
- Soak the split peas according to the directions for use. You don't have to soak them with @hak's split peas.
- Put the split peas, flat ribs, bay leaves, 2 sprigs of celery leaves, stock tablets and 1 liter of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat for approx. 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the celery tuber and potato. Add them to the peas after 30 minutes.
- Cut the onion. Clean the leek and cut into rings. Scrape the carrot and cut into cubes. Finely chop the parsley and the rest of the celery. Cut the smoked sausage into slices.
- Remove the meat from the soup and cut it into pieces. Remove the bay leaves, celery and parsley from the soup.
- Fry the onion for about 3 minutes. Stir in leek, carrot, celery, parsley, and soup and mash. Then add smoked sausage and flat ribs. Add water if the soup is too thick.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
Vegan: Leave out the flat ribs. Replace the sausage with a vegan sausage. Seasoning: Salt and pepper
Sugar: 14.2gFiber: 7.2gCalories: 486kcalSaturated Fat: 6.8gFat: 19.9gProtein: 40.6gCarbohydrates: 36.1g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!