Strawberry Custard Baklava
Phyllo pastry filled with a custard and strawberry slices, and topped with agave syrup and pistachio!
- 60 g agave syrup
- 5 ml liquid sweetener
- 4 large egg yolks
- 35 g cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 340 g milk
- 115 g yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g (soy) butter (unsalted)
- 20 slices phyllo pastry
- 50 g (soy) butter (melted)
- 20 strawberries (cut in slices)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 20 g pistachio nuts (cut into small pieces)
- Mix the agave syrup, liquid sweetener, yolks, cornstarch, and salt in a heatproof bowl.
- In a saucepan, mix the milk, yoghurt, and vanilla extract on medium heat until hot.
- While whisking, slowly stream about half of the hot milk/yoghurt liquid in the yolk mixture. Pour this tempered yolk mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the milk/yoghurt mixture. Cook over medium-low heat for 4 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until bubbling and thickened like pudding.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the butter. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding any clumps caught in the sieve. Cover the pastry cream with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cold.
- Defrost the phyllo pastry. Put a damp tea towel on it so it doesn't dry out.
- Melt the butter. Take one sheet of phyllo pastry, carefully spread it with butter, place another sheet on top and repeat the process till you have layered 5 sheets.
- Create 4 of these layered phyllo pastries.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- Put the custard in the center of the sheet. Layer strawberries on top of it. Close the phyllo pastry.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or till golden.
- Finish it with agave syrup and pistachio.
Sugar: 11.3gFiber: 2.9gCalories: 251kcalSaturated Fat: 5.8gFat: 12.4gProtein: 7.4gCarbohydrates: 26.7g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!