Stroopwafel (Caramel Waffle) Cake with Apple
A balanced cake made out of Dutch Caramel Waffles aka Stroopwafels!
- 150 g greek soy yoghurt
- 100 g applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 120 ml (almond) milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 230 g oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda (+apple cider)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 caramel waffles (stroopwafels)
- 1 apple
- Beat the eggs with the milk, quark, agave syrup and applesauce.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pinch of salt and baking soda with apple cider.
- Cut the apple into pieces and cut 3 stroopwafels into small pieces. Mix this into the batter and add the batter into a greased cake tin.
- Tear the last stroopwafel into pieces and place it on top, add a little maple syrup if necessary.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 175 degrees
Vegan: use plant-based caramel waffles (stroopwafels), almond milk and soy yoghurt Seasoning: does not apply
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!