Tarte Flambée (Flammekueche)
Flammekueche (Alsatian), or tarte flambée (French), is a speciality of the region of Alsace. It's like a thin pizza with a crème fraîche layer, as this is a healthier alternative, I use greek yoghurt.
- 250 g whole-grain flour
- 150 ml water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 160 g turkey bacon
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 1 red onion
- 250 ml greek yoghurt
- 50 g cheese
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1 bellpepper
- 60 g rocket lettuce
- Preheat the oven at 220 °C.
- Add all the ingredients for the dough to a bowl and knead it for around 5 minutes. Cut it into two and roll out the dough thinly in an oval shape.
- Mix the greek yoghurt together with garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Spread it on the dough.
- Cut the red onion, bell pepper and mushrooms into thin slices.
- Top the dough with cheese, turkey bacon, bell pepper, mushrooms and red onion.
- Top the dough with salmon, bell pepper, mushrooms and red onion.
- Bake the breads for 10 minutes and finally top it with a rocket lettuce.
Vegan: not possible. You can use soy greek yoghurt, instead of regular greek yoghurt. Seasoning: sprinkle nutmeg and black pepper on top.
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @eva.koper!