A creamy vegan mayonnaise recipe with the flavour of avocado
- immersion blender (hand blender)
- 80 ml room temperature unsweetened soy milk (or 40 ml aquafabe)
- 2 tsp (white wine) vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 75 g vegetable oil
- ½-1 medium avocado
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt & pepper
- Add the soy milk (or aquafaba), vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard to a tall glass jar or the tall cup that comes with an immersion blender.
- Blend on high with an immersion blender until the mixture begins to thicken.
- With the immersion blender on high speed, slowly add the oil. Adding the oil will take one to two minutes. Adding the oil slowly helps the mayonnaise to emulsify and thicken.
- As you finish adding the oil, move the immersion blender up and down to introduce some air. If the mayonnaise is too thin, add a little more oil to help it thicken some more. (As the mayonnaise sits in the fridge, it thickens even more.)
- Add the avocado, garlic, salt and pepper and blend again till smooth. Start by adding 1/2 an avocado, taste it, if you want more the flavor of avocado, add another half.
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!