The mug cake became perfect due to a secret ingredient, which I added by accident (I took the wrong milk out of the fridge lol). But it made it SO GOOD!!! The mug cake contains 30 g of protein! So you can start eating cake for breakfast now.
- 2½ tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 - 2 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice, for example agave syrup)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp margarine (melted)
- 3 tbsp cappuccino milk (oat cappuccino milk)
- 1 -2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- Stir the oat flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt in the mug.
- Add and mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted margarine, yoghurt and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. If preferred, you can add a crumbled chocolate chip cookie on top.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 10 sec. If it is still too soft, put in back for another 10 sec. Leave to stand for 30 sec - 1 minute to cool slightly before eating. Please know that if the cake is too dry on the insight, it's been in the microwave for too long.
Vegan: leave out the egg. Add plant based milk, yoghurt and protein powder. Seasoning: add a little bit of salt.
Sugar: 17.6gFiber: 3.2gCalories: 331kcalSaturated Fat: 3.7gFat: 9gProtein: 21.5gCarbohydrates: 40.7g
Have you tried this recipe?Share in on Instagram and tag @thestdntchef!